Monday, September 11, 2006

CRITIQUE & REVIEW: The Path to 9/11, Part 1


I have watched the first 2½ hours of the 3 hours first night of ABC’s “The Path to 9/11” mini-series. For the life of me, I can’t understand the tactics of the Clintonistas to first alter the film and then attempt to censor it by pressuring ABC to pull the entire program. It amazes me that they would want to suppress the entire 5-hour mini-series in order to protect their legacy project.

It was regrettable for ABC to cave in like it did. Even though their edits were small and not worthy of all the controversy, they seemed to allow the Clintonistas to frame their production as a partisan hit piece rather than a balance portrayal of why we are at war now. Regardless, seeing the edits in their context doesn’t really bother me much. What remains is still important for every American to see.

I look forward to finishing the mini-series tonight. Something tells me that Condi Rice would have benefited from a similar campaign to rescue her reputation. We’ll see how the actress who portrayed Sherry Palmer in “24” does with our now-Secretary of State.

No comments: